Do this because
Discover the magical world of puffins
Escape the chaos of city life for an hour and take to the seas
Enjoy a fun and educational boat tour
What to expect
Have you ever wondered why puffins are called the 'clowns of the sea'? Well, this is your chance to find out why.
On this tour, you'll take to the seas and sail around Engey, Akurey or Lundey island to see puffins in their natural habitat. Unfortunately, you won't be able to go onto the islands but you'll get a great view of the nesting birds and many other species, like eider ducks, arctic terns, guillemots and cormorants, and maybe even hear their calls. The expert crew will also be able to tell you all about these magestic birds and the beautiful surroundings while you soak up the views.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Use of raincoats
Use of binoculars
An expert guide
What’s not included
Ægisgarður 7, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Please meet your expert guides on board the boat which will be docked at the floating pier in front of the Wildlife Exhibition.
Elding Adventures at Sea
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Stop by the ticket office at the Old Harbour in downtown Reykjavik to exchange your prepaid voucher for admission tickets
- Depending on the tides and conditions on the islands, your captain will take you to either Engey, Akurey or Lundey
- You won't be able to go onto the islands but the captain will get you as close as possible
- As the birds are small, you should bring a good zoom lens if you want to take close-up photographs or binoculars to get a better view
- A pick-up service is available from selected locations for a fee, please contact your tour provider for more details
- Please contact the tour provider if you have any questions or concerns