Do this because
Take part in a guided tour to visit the highlights of Venice
Explore Piazza San Marco with its main monuments
Visit the Doge's Palace, the seat of the Venetian political power
Listen to anecdotes on the square of Santa Maria Formosa
What to expect
Walking Tour of Venice
Have a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice. A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. Treat yourself to an essential and multilingual tour for the understanding of Venice.
- Piazza San Marco - Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- Santa Maria Formosa - History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square.
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of Fortune.
- Marco Polo's House and Malibran Theatre - Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice.
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
The Doge's Palace tour
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic. You’ll live it together with a guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries. You’ll be surprised by the rich details of the gold staircase, of the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building, you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. An unforgettable tour not to be missed!
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Walking tour throughout Venice + tour of the Doge's Palace
Ticket for the Palace, which will allow you to enter without waiting
Audio-receiver devices for groups of 10 or more people
Calle Larga Ascensione, Venezia, VE, Italia
Calle Larga Ascensione, in front of the Post office just next to St. Mark's Square. Go to the wooden stand with the yellow sign "Meeting point". Please arrive 15 minutes before tour starting time.
Gray Line Venice
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Skip-the-line tickets allow you to skip the line at the ticket purchasing counter. However, everyone must pass through the newly imposed security checks. Waiting times depend on the number of people present