Ready to descent 140 meters underground and explore breathtaking chambers with statues made of salt? Start your half-day tour at your hotel in Krakow, where your friendly English-speaking driver will meet you. You will drive to Wieliczka Salt Mine in a comfortable vehicle. At the beginning of your tour, you will get familiar with safety regulations in the mine and then you will begin your journey through salt corridors more than 140 meters underground. Explore remarkable chambers and beautifully decorated chapels hand-carved by local miners. At the end of the route, you can also visit the souvenir shop and snack bar. From here, return to the surface by the high-speed lift.
Wieliczka Salt Mine tour with hotel pickup from Krakow
- Visit Wieliczka Salt Mine, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Poland
- Admire the underground city made of salt
- Explore the Chapel of the Blessed Kings
- Take a close look at the chambers with magnificent salt statues
- Pick up and drop-off at your accommodation in central Krakow
- Entrance fee to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- English-speaking guide
- Food or drink
- Permission to take photos (permit required: PLN 10/ EUR 2.5)
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- If the customer does not contact the supplier in connection with the pickup point, the fixed meeting point is Garbarska 2
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- This tour is not recommended if you struggle with claustrophobia or walking disabilities; there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start
- Valid student ID allows you to get a youth discount
- Flash photography is not allowed
- Taking photographs requires a special permit which can be purchased in the ticket office or during the visit itself and the cost is PLN 10 (2.5 EUR)
- The maximum size of hand luggage is 35 x 20 x 20 cm; if your luggage is bigger, you can leave it in the locked bus parked next to the museum
- Please wear warm clothing and comfortable shoes
- If your hotel is in a limited traffic area, then pick up will be arranged from the closest meeting point
What people say about this experience
Based on 4 reviews from verified customers
Value for money
AnonymousFrom United States of America - February 2023
Very satisfied with the tour from guide, to our drivers the tour was just amazing will recommend it yo everyone!!! Is a must.
AnonymousFrom United Kingdom - November 2022
JonPaulFrom United Kingdom - May 2022
Travelled as a couple
25 - 34 years old
A great tour from start to finish. We were picked up from our hotel by our driver Adrian who was really helpful and friendly. We were transported in M ...
AnonymousFrom United Kingdom - December 2021
Cannot fault this company one bit. Kept me updated of pick up time in the morning. Driver was very friendly, had a laugh and a joke. His English was b ...
You might also like
Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial full-day guided tour from Krakow
Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial with a fully organized tour from Krakow including transportation.
en, it, fr, es, de, +1 pl
Visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krakow with an expert tour guide. Be fascinated by this UNESCO World Heritage site.
Schindler's Factory Museum skip-the-line ticket
Skip the line and visit the former Schindler Factory, made famous by the movie Schindler's List, now home to an exhibition about Krakow during WWII.
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum tour from Krakow with pickup and transport
See the Auschwitz Museum with a comfortable tour and shared transport from Krakow. Learn more about the harrowing history of the Holocaust.
en, it, fr, es, de, +1 pl
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Wieliczka Salt Mine full day tour from Krakow
Discover in one day the two major attractions in Krakow with this tour in English. See first the Auschwitz Museum, then visit the ancient Wieliczka Salt Mine.
Wieliczka Salt Mine 4-hour guided tour from Krakow
Book a 4-Hour Guided Tour to the Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow. Visit one of the most important monuments in Poland located 135 meters below ground.
en, it, fr, es, de, +2 ru, pl
Krakow city tour by electric car and optional Schindler's Factory
See all the famous parts and discover the city and history with a professional English-speaking guide.
en, it, fr, es, de, +3 ru, pl, sv
Wieliczka Salt Mine and Oskar Schindler Factory guided half day tour from Krakow
Book your Wieliczka Salt Mine and Oskar Schindler Factory guided half day tour from Krakow with Musement. Discover the magnificent salt lakes with an expert guide
Explore Zakopane, one of the most famous resort towns in southern Poland. Benefit from the additional options like the funicular ride at the top of Gubalowka and visit to the thermal baths.
Krakow Auschwitz-Birkenau self-guided tour
Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum and follow a self-guided audio tour through the camp
en, it, fr, es, de, +12 pt, ru, nl, ja, no, pl, sv, fi, da, zh, ko, he