Do this because
Dive into the history and alchemy of blending the perfect dram of Scottish whisky
Enjoy a complimentary dram of single malt or blended Scotch whisky
Discover the world's largest collection of Scotch whisky
What to expect
Explore the world's largest collection of Scotch whisky at one of the UK's top visitor attractions as you enjoy a fantastic tour and tasting.
You'll be taken on a journey by your entertaining guide that will transport you across Scotland's five whisky-producing regions and help you to learn how geography and weather combine to create unique regional characteristics, aromas, and flavors.
You'll even take home a souvenir limited-edition crystal whisky tasting glass. Perfect for whisky first-timers and families, this tour has something for everyone.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Whisky barrel ride through the production of Scotch whisky
Introduction to the aromas in whisky
A dram of Scotch whisky or Irn Bru (adults and concessions only)
Viewing of the world's largest collection of Scotch whisky
Gift of crystal whisky tasting glass (adults and concessions only)
Audio guide available (20 languages)
354 Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh, EH1 2NE
This tour takes place at The Scotch Whisky Experience which is located beside Edinburgh Castle, at the top of Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile. It is a 20-minute walk from Haymarket and Waverley railway stations and St. Andrew's Square bus station; open-top bus tours and Lothian buses stop close by.
The Scotch Whisky Experience
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- You can redeem your ticket anytime between 10.00am and 2.00pm daily. On arrival, you'll be invited to join the first available tour
- This tour has audio guides available in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Czech, Gaelic, British Sign Language and American Sign Language
- Adults and concessions will receive a crystal whisky tasting glass as a souvenir
- There is a complimentary soft drink available as a non-alcoholic option
- There is a maximum of 6 people permitted per booking